Guess who has been nominated for the sunshine blogger awards! Thankyou http://imageearthtravel.com/2019/01/20/8-free-sights-rome/ for the nomination!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
- List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post
1. For how long have you been blogging?
We are quite new to the blogging world and only started about a month ago.
2. What do you do if/when you suffer from Writer’s Block?
The problem is usually shutting me up so it doesn’t happen very often. Plus being away we are constantly surrounded by new and wonderful things so it’s often hard to stop myself writing too much.
3. What goals have you set for your blog in 2019?
We started the blog as a way for our friends and family’s to follow our travels as we are so useless at keeping in touch, it’s been amazing to see people’s response and we just hope people keep enjoying reading as much as we do writing it.
4. Where do you see your blog 2 years from now?
Hopefully funding future travels as travelling is by far the most expensive addiction either of us have.
5. What do you love most about writing?
Peoples feedback is amazing, I’ve always enjoyed writing and kept journals so it’s just amazing to get the affirmation that I’m not completely wasting my time.
6. Do you prefer to travel solo or with someone?
Before this trip we both would have probably said solo. But if you find the right travel buddy then definitely with someone. You bounce off each other and it’s always nice to have some backup with all the weird situations we manage to get ourselves in to.
7. Do you think Ghost blogging is unethical?
If I’m honest I have no idea what that even means.
8. How do you create and cultivate relationships for your blog?
Internet in the £4 a night hostels is pretty temperamental but we try to reply to any comments and love discovering new blogs.
9.Is your blog self-hosted or on the free WP platform and why did you go this way?
Umm self hosted I think. As I said before we are very new to this so have absolutely no idea what we are doing so any advice is welcome.
10. What social media platform gives you the most exposure for your blog?
We upload to instagram regularly and all our posts go automatically to Facebook. But I think most of our followers come from WordPress directly.
11. Any travel plans for 2019?
We tend to go where the wind takes us so no set in some plans other than to make it to Rio de Jeniro for Carnival. We are currently in Peru so we have about a month to get there. Wish us luck.
So our nominees and a few of our favourite travel blogs are:
1. The world is a book. https://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/2019/01/05/67661/
2. The #1 itinary http://the1itinerary.com/2018/12/26/why-travel-is-more-than-vacation/
3. Living in paradise https://retiredfromgypsylife.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/lens-artist-photo-challenge-travel/
4. Ramblings and musings http://wendysharesathought.com/2019/01/11/travel-time/
5. Voyages of mine https://voyagesofmine.com/2018/12/15/travel-vs-vacation-getting-off-the-beaten-path/
6. Auchatbleu https://auchatbleublog.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/new-york-travel-diary/
7. Ostendnomadography http://www.ostendnomadography.com/photographic-travel-memories/
8. Planet bell http://planetbell.me/2018/12/06/life-as-an-expat-in-bangkok-part-4-travel/
9. Words from anneli http://wordsfromanneli.com/2018/11/17/west-coast-travels/
10. Bend branches https://bendbranches.com/2019/01/05/national-park-travels-lapc/
11. A nerdy perspective http://anerdyperspective.com/2018/12/19/the-bamboo-forest/
And your questions are as follows;
- Favourite travel destination and why?
- Would you rather give up travelling or give up writing?
- Beach or mountains?
- What’s your biggest inspiration for your style of writing?
- If you could give one bit of advice to another blogger what would it be?
- What do you miss the most whilst your away from home?
- Which would you wipe out bed bugs or mosquitos? And why?
- If you had to live somewhere for the rest of your life where would it be?
- Hot or cold?
- What’s your sketchiest travel story?
- What’s the one saying you live by.
We look forward to seeing your answers. Good luck!